3/3/16

Up the road

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.- Lewis Carroll
















It was one of those days, grey winter days in Montana. Earth still frozen and too cold to do anything in the garden, itching to be in nature and too restless to sit inside by the fire. We took a drive up the gravel roads up the North Fork, enjoying the view and talking about how spring feels like it's almost around the corner, new hikes that needed to be explored. I found some new fishing holes it's easy to walk the river beds as the snow is still holding strong on the mountains, finding these new spots and visiting these views always remind us how we are in search of a cabin of our own up here for our family...one day.
I have come to the conclusion no matter how bad it is inside - going outside makes my insides feel better...always. When "grey" is the weather forecast, nature always has something to new up her sleeve to draw you outside and explore. In Montana all you have to do is take a road, any path or trail it will lead you to peace of mind a place of contemplation and appreciation. Nature and wilderness is where it's at and in Montana that's what's it all about.




But love of the wilderness is more than a hunger for what is always beyond reach; it is also an expression of loyalty to the earth which bore us and sustains us, the only home we shall ever know, the only paradise we ever need - if only we had eyes to see."
Edward Abbey



8 comments :

  1. A walk in nature always restores my soul. This time of year is always hard for getting out and enjoying the outdoors. No good snow for snowshoeing but enough ice and snow to make just plain ol' walking in the woods difficult. We managed a hike on the Ice Age Trail last weekend but ended up doing a lot of post-holing as the sun softened the snow. We still had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. March in Montana sure is different than March in North Carolina!!! I totally agree that no matter where you live, getting out and exploring is so good for the soul. As always your photos are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really miss getting in a car and just finding a new road to explore. It is really hard to do on this island. Love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos always make me catch my breath, such beauty. I know I say this all the time, but one day I will visit this place you call home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love it when bloggers share photos of where they live. I love to see different parts of the world especially those I may never get to visit. You live in a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful scenery and I like that quote a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. watching your pictures I wondered why all those trees are bare. They look like needle trees. Was there a storm? In one picture it looks like a fire burnt the trees... just curious.
    Hope for you that spring will come soon. But you are right- it's always best to go out anyway- even in not-so-nice weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have huge forest fires in Montanan Rahel, during the summers it can burn for months.

      Delete

Hello- thank you for stopping by :)